:

:

Saturday, August 30, 2014

Asheville: August 2014

     In early August, my family all converged on Cloud Nine Farm outside of Asheville, for a reunion. My wife's grandfather retired there in the late 60s, and it has since been maintained by Janet Peterson, his daughter, as a working farm and vacation rental. We love going there, and since we moved to Charleston, now it's only about 4 hours away. I was able to do some painting while there, usually during my youngest son's nap time. All these are oil and graphite on paper, which I've been using all summer. I decided to focus on things close at hand, rather than distant views of the mountains...a continuation of sorts of the flower paintings I did earlier in the summer. These were all done in one shot, usually about 2-3 hours. I've included a few details below the full size image:
15" x 22"

detail
9" x 12"
15" x 22"
detail
      For a more detailed and poetic description of our time there,  you can visit my wife's blog post and if you're ever looking for a nice getaway near Asheville, visit the Cloud Nine Farm website.

No comments:

Post a Comment